Our curriculum offer is broad and balanced and well matched to the needs of the learners. Each of our Primary Academies offer a different curriculum model in line with the context of their Academy and share research undertaken on this. At secondary, the curriculum is designed to empower pupils to be the best they can be in all aspects of their lives, as 21st Century global citizens, including the impact they make on society. The curriculum at each Academy ensures that all pupils have the necessary knowledge and character to realise this.
Inclusion is central to the Trust’s values and implicit within the curriculum.
At the core of all curricula is an unashamed emphasis on literacy and numeracy to provide our children with the best possible start in life. This continues into our secondary curriculum, alongside the English Baccalaureate. The arts, sport and other practical subjects are also highly valued.
Throughout our curriculum we aim to ‘Forge Young Futures’ by:
- exciting, motivating and inspiring young people to want to learn more;
- igniting curiosity and enthusiasm for learning;
- encouraging young people to shape their learning and supporting those for whom this is more challenging;
- building high aspirations linked to career choices with young people across the age range;
- helping them understand the benefits of collaboration and their contribution to local, national and global communities;
- enhancing academic transition between key stages.
Please visit Academy websites for more details.