The deadline for responses is Friday, 29th January 2021
The Board of Trustees at Leodis Academies Trust intends to determine (set and approve) the following admissions policy arrangements for entry into all Academies within the Trust during the academic year September 2022 to July 2023.
The changes to our proposed policies mirror the simplified wording in the Leeds City Council Admission Policies (LCC). When we determine our policies, we may take into account any feedback the Council receives on their policy as well as all feedback we receive.
In addition to the simplified wording changes we propose the following changes to all of the Trust’s Admissions Policies:
- To introduce a new oversubscription criterion (Priority 1ii) relating to children who have been in state care outside of England, to reflect proposed changes to the School Admissions Code.
- To introduce a revised oversubscription criterion (Priority 2) relating to children with exceptional social or medical needs that can only be met by our Academies, in line with the LCC consultation
- To remove the use of the Supplementary Information Form for previously looked after children. This proposal is to enable families to submit the information to the Local Authority in a variety of formats.
For the Woodkirk Academy Admissions Policy only, we propose to introduce simplified oversubscription criterion (Priority 4) in relation to children of staff at the Academy, and to change the wording of the Independent Appeals process in line with the LCC consultation.
The polices can be found here:
- Blackgates Primary Academy
- East Ardsley Primary Academy
- Hill Top Primary Academy
- Westerton Primary Academy
- Woodkirk Academy
We welcome your views and encourage you to respond by the deadline of Friday 29 January 2021 and you can respond by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paper copies of the consultation are available from Reception at each Academy.